How to Set Up Web Sever on Termux
Setting up a Web Server on Termux
Termux is a popular Android app that provides a Linux-like environment on Android devices. With Termux, you can easily set up a web server to host your own website or web application. In this article, we will go through the steps to set up a web server in Termux.
- Termux app installed on Android device
- Active internet connection
Steps to Set up a Web Server in Termux
- Open Termux app and update the package list by running the following command:
- Install the Apache web server by running the following command:
pkg install apache2
- Start the Apache service using the following command:
To check if the Apache server is running, open a web browser and visit http://localhost. You should see the Apache default page.
- To host your own website or web application, place the files in the /var/www/html directory. You can access the directory by running the following command:
- You can now access your website or web application by visiting http://localhost/[FILENAME].
Replace [FILENAME] with the name of your HTML file.
With these simple steps, you can easily set up a web server in Termux. This can be useful for hosting your own website or web application, testing web applications locally, or practicing web development skills. Keep in mind that hosting a web server on a mobile device may not be suitable for production use and may impact the device's performance. If you got any error just comment down.