How to Take Screenshot on Chromebook 2023?
Taking a screenshot is a quick and easy way to capture an image of what is displayed on your computer screen. This can be useful for a variety of reasons like you got an error and want to capture that error, capturing an important document, or just saving a favorite webpage. Taking screenshots on Chromebook is different from other normal laptops because of the different keyboard. But do not worry, in this article, I will tell you 3 methods for how to take screenshots on a Chromebook.
Methods of Taking a Screenshot on Chromebook
Method 1: Keyboard Shortcuts
The simplest and most straightforward way to take a screenshot on a Chromebook is by using keyboard shortcuts. So, for that -
(a) Screenshot of the entire screen:
If you want to take a screenshot of the entire screen, then
- Press the “Ctrl” and “Window Switcher” keys (located between the “Ctrl” and “Alt” keys) to take a screenshot of the entire screen.
(b) Screenshot of just a portion of screen
If you want to take a screenshot of just a portion of the screen, then
- Press the “Ctrl”, “Shift”, and “Window Switcher” keys to take a screenshot of just a portion of the screen.
Where the screenshot will be saved?
The screenshot will be automatically saved to your Chromebook’s “Downloads” folder. You can easily access this folder by clicking the “Files” app on the taskbar and then navigating to the "Downloads" folder.
Method 2: Using the Chrome Browser
If you do not want to go with the first method or you are forgetting the keys easily. Then this method is for you. You can take a screenshot on your Chromebook by installing an extension in the Chrome browser. For that just follow the following steps:
Install the “Awesome Screenshot” extension:
Open the Chrome Web Store and search for “Awesome Screenshot”. Then, click on “Add to Chrome” to install the extension.
How to take a screenshot:
1. To take a screenshot with this extension click on the extension icon in the toolbar.
2. Now, Click the Awesome Screenshot icon in the extensions.
3. Now, select the type of screenshot you want to take. You can choose to capture the entire page, a portion of the page, or just the visible part of the page.
Then, click on the “Save” button to save the screenshot. It will be saved to your "Downloads" folder.
Method 3: Using the Chromebook’s Stylus
If your Chromebook has a stylus, then you can go with this method. Otherwise, go with the above two methods. To take a screenshot with stylus, you have to enable some settings, for that -
1. Go to “Settings” and select “Device”. Scroll down to “Stylus” and enable it.
2. Take a screenshot:
Now to take a screenshot you just need to-
- Hold down the stylus button and tap the screen.
The screenshot will be automatically saved to your Chromebook’s “Downloads” folder.